Tuesday, June 25, 2002

I'd always wondered exactly what kind of light was emitted when a woman was said to have her "high beams" on. Now I know. Even scientitists, it seems, can be so blinded by the light of T-rays that they think it's a good idea to pick a moniker like, oh, "Star Tiger" and then retrofit it to be the acronym for a mouthful of crap like "Space Technology Advancements by Resourceful, Targeted and Innovative Groups of Experts and Researchers". I shit you not.

Strange how credulity works. Had I first seen the reference to this peculiarly under-reported technology on, say, abovetopsecret or some other high-quality source of science journalism, I wouldn't have bothered to read on.

Would you have been more or less credulous had you known that the developers of this technology, QinetiQ, were formerly part of the UK's Defense Evaluation and Research Agency?
- Shaun

No comments: