Friday, March 19, 2004

One for the weird-things-serendipitously-discovered department. So I follow a link from Fark, and the linked article had a link to another article that looked interesting (about a guy arrested for spying on patrons of a public bathroom in a mall - what can I say?) and there was a banner ad above it for "WellsCargoCOG" and the link text "restroom trailers". So, first, of course, I like the fact that the keyword-driven ad placement system puts that ad in this context, but secondly, I click on the ad link.

WellsCargoCOG look like they make some find portable toilets, but the web site ain't so hot. For starters we have, in the top left corner, a picture of what? A giant semi-submersible portable toilet rig? And then we have a testimonial letter of sorts at the bottom of the page that begins "I am not sure how much need we have for this ...". It's from a guy in Arkansas. Make up your own punchline.

No comments: