Friday, December 05, 2003

Ohio police interfere with natural selection

"Catherine Donkers, 29, was nursing her baby daughter on an Ohio highway while driving at 65mph. She said she did not stop because she was talking on the phone to her husband and taking notes on the steering wheel. ") Don't worry, though, folks, she has a good reason for this - she's an idiot!

"Donkers, who was driving from Pittsburgh to Detroit at the time of her arrest, was also found guilty of driving without a licence and failing to comply with officers"

Buit seriously, folks - she's not just an idiot, she's a religious idiot, so that makes it OK. Get this:

"Donkers and her husband are believed to be members of an organisation called the First Christian Fellowship for Eternal Sovereignty which instructs that the husband is the head of the family and a wife can submit to punishment only from him. "

Well, err, umm, there are parts of that edict that sound fine to me, but I digress ...

Here's the kicker:

"'When I haven't done anything wrong, why would I... sacrifice my principles?' she told local radio, adding she felt her civil rights had been violated."

I ... I'm speechless.

No comments: