Friday, September 23, 2005

Washing away again in 'Ritaville

Elderly terr'ists to blame for bus explosion? Oxygen canisters - not the same type that brought down KiluJet flight 592 - are apparently to blame here. But you can never be too sure - I've got $5 betting some of these wrinklies had been illegally buying their prescription meds from Canada, thus making themselves enemies of Big Pharmathe State so I don't think it's too much of a stretch to suggest they were, in fact, terr'ists.

I think it's also interesting to note that they can't even get the evacuation right in Bush's (adoptive) home state of Tex-ass. It's even in Republican Majority leader and former exterminator Tom DeLay's home district ferchrissake. And the fact that people are getting stranded in their "big" (because everything's big in Texass) 'merican-built dumbass SUVs because they're - get this - running out of fuel sitting in 103-degree heat on the gridlocked roads with t he A/C running - comedy gold.

Oh, and the 9th Ward of New Orleans is getting a good soaking again as water once again pours over the top of the levees. But no-one could have predicted that. And remember folks, none of this has anything to do with global warming.

1 comment:

Mara said...

I'm left astonished that the only roads going east or north out of Texas were the expressways...

Damn.. I would have just taken the first road I could find in the general direction of where I needed to go....insanity I tell you! Just insanity.