Thursday, January 08, 2004

A New Kind Of Science - I read the bio/book blurb in Wired ("People magazine for techies" as a friend once called it - UK readers think Hello!) in June 2002, and thought it was kinda interesting. I later saw it in an airport bookstore and have been sorely tempted to purchase it on more than one occasion. But I haven't.

So a friend (not the same one with the insightful commentary on Wired) just asked me today whether I'd read the book, and this prompted me to pop over to Amazon and take a look at the book, and see if maybe they were selling it cheap.

Well, they're not, but I think they may have saved me $49.95 anyway. Take a look at some of the reviews. Those I especially liked were the ones entitled "maybe i am missing his genius??", "COMPUTATIONAL EQUVALENCE TRUTH", "YOU MUST ALL BE BLIND" (the ones with lots of TEXT IN ALL CAPITALS are all pretty good) and, best of all - "Charles Dickens: A Tale Too Slow".

You know, this book seems to be sooo bad that now I'm just curious to see what it's all about ...

No comments: