Monday, July 01, 2002

The funniest thing I saw on my recent trip to England was this T shirt on some pimply-faced kid in a record shop in Guildford.

On the topic of music (which we weren't, but never mind), can someone help me figure out what piece of music I have stuck in my head? It's either late 80s or early 90s, probably a male lead singer, and the bit I have stuck in my head is about a one-second snippet where the female backing singers are singing (I think, the fidelity's not that great - maybe I should get some head cleaner) "Love shows no mercy". I think they sing it twice, but maybe the replay mechanism's jsut skipping. I think the second word is sung about a semitone below the first, the third is about the same pitch as the first, and the last word is drawn out over two or three tones - "me-err-cy" - sort of starting high and swooping down. If I could find the RCA jacks on the back of my head I'd digitize the snippet and post it here too. I've tried a lyrics seach on Google to no avail. That, by the way, is my way of saying it's not Seals and Crofts.

No comments: